OSHC Sessions |
About Early Years Connect
Early Years Connect is a professional development package which has been designed to support Queensland early childhood education and care (ECEC) educators working with children with complex additional needs. This includes children with disability, significant development delay and complex social, emotional and behavioural needs.
The professional development package will comprise of:
- face-to-face workshops and sessions
- online modules
- topical webinars
- an e-journal facility
- blogging opportunities with specialist experts
- information sheets.
These components will support educators, as well as Governance Boards and Committee members, to:
- gain a practical understanding of disability support legislation, standards, frameworks and policy
- understand the types of disability, significant development delay and complex social, emotional and behavioural needs
- plan for and make ongoing educational adjustments to ensure children with disability and complex additional needs can participate in programs
- prepare new educators to the ECEC sector to work with children with complex additional needs
- learn new ways of engaging and forming partnerships with support professionals and agencies
- prepare for the introduction of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
To register and learn more about our face face-to-face sessions click here.
Be sure to bookmark this page to keep up to date on the progress of Early Years Connect. You can also email us to receive Early Years Connect updates.